I used five layers of paper to create this Mola Christmas star. Mola takes a bit of planning and can be confusing. Here is how I cut this one out:
- Layer 1 (purple), cut away all open spaces
- Glue layer 1 to layer 2 (orange), cut out the inside of the star points 1/16" in from layer 1.
- Glue layer 2 to layer 3 (red), cut out the center of the star (cutting through both layers 2 and 3), 1/16" from layer 1.
- Glue layer 3 to layer 4 (yellow), cut out the open spaces on the outsides of the star points, leaving a 1/16 inch orange border.
- Glue layer 4 to layer 5 (white with snowflakes)
- Glue stick
- Purple glittered card blank 4.25" x 5.5"
- Scrapbook paper in various colors
- Gold border stickers
- Craft knife
- Cutting mat
Ornament and Star Mola Pattern