This silhouette and iris fold hat pattern is based on an image from a vintage catalog. It makes a nice birthday card or ladies' day out invitation.
- Cut the silhouette (B) from black card stock and affix it on the front of the card. You can also cut out the layout guide (C) and use it as a guide for positioning.
- Position hat pattern piece (A) above the silhouette as indicated (again, use the layout guide if necessary).
- Trace around the hat pattern lightly with a pencil.
- Open the card and place it on a cutting mat.
- Use a craft knife to carefully cut along the hat outline you just traced onto the card front.
- Remove hat from aperture
- Turn the card face down over the iris folding pattern
- Place iris fold strips in order over the numbered spaces.
- Add a piece of contrasting paper and/or an embellishment in the last un-numbered space.
- Cellophane tape
- Glue stick
- Ivory card blank 4" x 6"
- White ribbon rose
- Purple giftwrap
- Yellow giftwrap
- Black card stock
- Craft knife
- Cutting mat
hat & silhouette iris folding template and pattern